Join the Lincoln Earth Day team as a board member or as a coalition member. Lincoln Earth Day is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization with a board that organizes the annual Lincoln Earth Day celebration. Board members serve in a leadership capacity overseeing a committee and governing the organization overall. Coalition members are volunteers that serve on committees and support event planning.
Here are some brief descriptions of what each committee is responsible for:
- Sponsorship / Fundraiser: This committee is responsible for reviewing and updating sponsorship levels and benefits, recruiting sponsors to support the event, and coordinating any additional fundraising events and other donations.
- Booths and Exhibitors: This committee is responsible for reviewing and updating the exhibitor levels and costs, recruiting organizations to join the event, as well as organizing food trucks/farmers market and the green vehicle showcase.
- Communications: This committee is responsible for all things marketing and communications including social media, graphics and materials, press releases, and website.
- Logistics: This committee is responsible for a variety of event aspects including space rental, insurance, road closures, permits, tables and other supplies rentals, and waste management.
- Activities / Performances: This committee is responsible for special events like our pre-event yoga and bike ride, as well as musical performances, speakers, and presentations.
- Volunteers: This committee is responsible for recruiting and communicating with volunteers that will help us on the day of the event.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in joining Lincoln Earth Day either as a board member or a coalition member. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.